The Last Wish (Witcher Book #1) by Andrzej Sapowski

So, I had seen these books that coincide with 'The Witcher games, and was wondering whether they were good or not. I think this book is good, but it's good in the same way most video game stories are good. They have these moments of intrigue at a concept or idea, but everything is punctuated with so much action that it starts to be a bit too obnoxious. I feel this book definitely like that at certain points.
     This book has the subtitle 'Introducing the Witcher,' and the book has a lot of scenes (too many that are about how different people in this society react too/ feel about the fact that witchers still exist. A lot of people love these books, and I want to make it through more so I can figure out why. However this one felt a lot like someone just wrote down their D&D campaign. I have read too many books where that's done poorly.
     All that being said, the witcher is a decently good anti-hero, and I like the idea of a protector who just wants to be accepted by those he protects. Even so, the plot is all over the place, and feels a bit random.
     This book is entertaining, but not amazing entertainment.

Comments

Popular Posts