Alice by Christina Henry 6/10

     I really thought this author's more recent book--Lost boy (which is a retelling of the classic Peter Pan story was really good. So, I looked up her other works, and found this book which is a retelling of Alice in Wonderland. It's unfortunately not nearly as good as the other.
     The first half of the leadup is good. It's not nearly as good as the points in her other book, but it's okay, but the second half is actively bad. She spends all this time coming up with scary villain, but the second half she spends just killing off all of the villains by just stabbing them most of the time. I was frankly just bored during the second half of the book.
     I'm going to read the second book in this two part series. I'm really glad that this author got better.

Comments

Popular Posts