Red Rising by Pierce Brown 6/10

    I had this book recommended to me by a few people, and a lot of people like this book. Which was why I was really surprised that I was so bored by it. The world is built around the idea of waring housing (not all of whom are on equal footing.) A little like the houses in game of Thrones or Dune. The book hammers how much better the main character is just because he came from a less advantaged class. Which really annoyed me. There's not really anything to the main character just a really bland angst, and he's Irish. That is the list of things he is allowed to be.
     The plot is very similar to 'The Hunger Games,' books, and I didn't like those either. I was just bored the entire time. That being said if the character is uninteresting so is the plot. If, however, you happened to like the hunger games then you'll probably like this too. It has a lot of the same elements, and is different enough.

Comments

Popular Posts