Fool's Assasin by Robin Hobb 7/10

     I've been lagging on getting through my reading material recently, and the Robin Hobb books are fairly popular so I figured I'd get back to it with that. I started with her most recent trilogy that she just came out with (The Fitz and the Fool). Because I was starting there I figured the learning curve would be a bit difficult. It wasn't. You pick up the unique parts of the world, and how they work fairly quickly.
     This book felt a lot like a prologue. The action doesn't pick up all most at all till the end, and even then it's really disjointed from the rest of the book. Most of the book is focused on a young girl, and her relationship with her father. She's very sensitive so at points I found myself rolling my eyes a bit. Even when there's a lot written from the girl's point of view the sensitivities came out of nowhere. Still, Hobb's writing style is great. I'm still going to be reading the rest of this series to see how it goes. This certainly isn't my favorite book, but it's all right. 



Comments

Popular Posts