Gradient by Anders Cahill 5/10


     This main thing I want to say about this book is that it's fine if you see it as candy. If you want a comparison I'd say it's about as good as the BAEN books that are running around. I'm not a fan of them personally, but I know a lot of fanatics of those books, and if you like those then you'll most likely enjoy this.
     There are points in the novel where the dialogue will fall flat, and it's clear that there's supposed to be a moment that's really clever. The dialogue in general isn't that good.
    The writing is fine. It isn't Patrick Rothfuss, but it's serviceable. The  science fiction concepts are a bit above average. They're about what I would expect from one of the Star Wars Novels (actually a concept.)  that's really where I fall on this book as a whole It's not particularly good, but it's fine.
   




*(Note I was given a free Copy of this book for a fair review )

Comments

Popular Posts