Only Human (The Themis Files #3) by Sylvain Neuvel 7/10

     I had been really looking forward to this book, and when it came out I immediately got through it. (It being only a little longer than a novella) I was ultimately disappointed with this. I understand that most authors don't really like judging a book by how good it is compared to what their other books, but in reality, you judge books by how good they are compared to books that are similar. And generally, books that are written by a single are closest to their own works. 
     This is probably the weakest of these books. There are two main things I like about the Themis Files series. I love the scenes where you have characters toying with other characters, and you get this interesting dialogue. There were less of those scenes in this, but there was a bit of that in here. 
     The other books also have these really interesting question that is solved in an original way, but this book not as much. It also did this non-linear story which in this case didn't do the story any favors. Although this wrapped up the story I felt really let down by this book. 
     

Comments

Popular Posts