Tyrant's Throne by Sebastien De Castell 8/10

     So, this is the last book in the greatcoats series, and I'll definitely miss it. I enjoyed these books from start to finish. It was definitely the right call to keep the series to four books though. They start to feel episodic and to be honest book three, and four were starting to feel formulaic. You had difficult problems that were rushed to be solved at the end. This was a bit more acceptable in book two, and three, but this left me wanting a bit more satisfying of an ending.
     As in the previous posts where I've talked about this series I'd definitely recommend these books to anyone who likes the fantasy where there's this swashbuckling team like in Scott Lynch's book series 'The Gentlemen Bastards.' These books have a lot of heart in them, and I'd definitely recommend checking this out. 

Comments

Popular Posts