Arcanum Unbounded, The Cosmere Collection by Brandon Sanderson 7/10

     I read this about a month after it came out, and when I first read it I was really disappointed. After rereading it wasn't as bad, but I still didn't like it as much as any of the other works of Sanderson's I've read. The book is Sanderson's short works that are key to the'Cosmere, which is his word for her universe. This book is meant for super-fans who really want to learn about how all his works are related. He ends up spending the pre and post-scripts explaining how everything is related.
      The main problem is that the whole thing reads like the deleted scenes that were cut out of a movie to make the timing right. There were some really good pieces in this book, though. The opening one; 'The Emporer's Soul,' and 'Edgedancer,' are exceptional, but they are available as separate novellas. I'd recommend getting them that way. If you've read all the Sanderson books, and want to get some more tidbits on the metaphysics of the Cosmere, but the actual content in this still disappoints me.

Comments

Popular Posts