Caliban's War (Expanse #2) by James A. Corey 8/10

     This book reminded me a lot of the 'Game of Thrones,' books. By this, I mean that when the author wants to widen the scope of the book he adds in new characters. Like in that series this serves as a way to widen the scope of the book, but sometimes it really slows the book down. The first book is really fun to read, but it's very similar to 'Game of Thrones,' in that a lot of interesting things are happening, but it takes a long amount of time for things to come to a head.
     The world is still really imaginative, and really fun to be in. The pacing of this second book was much faster than the first one, but about the same amount of things got resolved. The first one left me hungry for more, and so did this one. However, this sort of pacing is nothing new in fantasy and sci-fi. I really liked this book, and I look forward to the next one.
   
   

Comments

Popular Posts