Neuromancer William Gibson 7/10

     When I was 19 I saw 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off,' for the first time. It was really interesting because I saw where so many tropes had come from. So many movies have an homage of one type or another have a nod to that movie. 
     This book is basically the root of the cyberpunk genre. It's obvious that this book is the source material for so many different things. It makes sense how things like blade runner and the matrix have taken from this book. 
     The world is really fleshed out, and I really liked seeing the beginning of a lot of different things that I love. It does fall into the traps that what I'm starting to think is a pattern in the genre where the fact that the main character is down on their luck is seen as a substitute for actual characterizations and has flimsy motivations.  
     It will probably be most interesting to those who want to see the origins of the genre. 

Comments

Popular Posts