Armored Saint by Myke Cole 4/10

     I started off by reading the first half of it. This seemed to be getting great reviews everywhere I looked. So, I figured if I read it over again that maybe I'd see something I hadn't. I didn't. I still really didn't like this book.
    It's kind of similar to the 'Fantastic Beasts,' movie from the Harry Potter universe. The first thing that really irked me was the trope of the main character being too pure for the world they inhabit. They always know what the right thing to do is, and everyone else around them who disagrees is just a hater. The author tries to add some depth to the character by making her an awkward lesbian. It really is hamfisted in for no reason it seems.
     The villains; the demons and the evil church organizations are more milk toast than a cardboard cutout of a Disney villain. I definitely don't recommend this book.  It's pretty much instantly forgettable. I know I want to. 

Comments

Popular Posts