The Dragons of Dorcastle Book by John G. Hemry (Jack Campbell) 6/10 Stars

      So, there's a lot to critique about this book, and I've seen a lot of negative reviews about it for reasons I can honestly understand. The romance in the book is SUPER formulaic. You know exactly where it's going from the first chapter. That's what I think is the main thing that's wrong with this book. The spots that are supposed to make you care just don't because you always know where things are going.  
     What I do like about this book is that it compares worldviews of the main characters and affirms both the parts of the characters worldviews are right. I hate it when characters are just punching bags for the author to affirm the author's opinions. 
       If you start this book thinking you're reading the pilot of a TV show you should find the book fine. 
      

Comments

Popular Posts